Gmail.com is a part of Google accounts which everyone seems to have these days. Whether you use it for personal or professional use, the gmail account has become essential for all internet savvy individuals.
Along with the account useage comes the use of passwords to secure your personal account as it is where you recieve your e mails after all. However, it is also common for people to lose passwords for their e mail accounts because of not using them for a long period of time.
You may have created multiple accounts too as many people opt to do, we create need email ids for different purposes for personal and professional use if we do not want to mix the two. But it can become troublesome to memorize all your different passwords unless you jot it down somewhere.
It is very obvious that the more accounts one creates the more confused one will get about the password. It will also be unrealistic to keep the same password for every account which is not recommended for security reasons. So what happens when you lose the password? Or if your account is hacked by internet thieves?
Incase of account hacking by some hacker, hacked there is no way you can access your account using the previous password under any circumstance. You can no longer access your account. In this situation, you will need a way to get it back and that is possible when you change your password to a new one instead.
Such incidences are not uncommon and occur frequently enough for it to be considered an issue. This is why it is always recommended to configure your account to include account recovery information including a mobile telephone number ,if you have one and an alternate email address at another provider. When you allow the setting of these kinds of options, it will ensure that you recover your account in the case that you ever lose your password.
In this article we will discuss how to go about to get your precious gmail password back. Below we will discuss a few methods on how to recover your gmail account if you have lost access to it.
Forgot Gmail Password – How to Recover
Incase of all Google services, all of them are connected to each other and the Google Account password is the same password you use for other Google products, like Gmail and YouTube. So essentially, you only need the one and same password to use all of these as they belong to the same ‘family’ which is Google.
If you forgot your password and would like to reset it or would like to change your password for security reasons, you can change this by following the steps below.
If you have your password, Google will provide a couple of options to regain access to your account. Although there is no guarantee of getting the account back, if you’ve taken the time to set up recovery information, or you can remember various details of your account without being logged into it, then there’s a possibility that you can get it back.
In anyway, if you don’t know your Google Account password, follow a few steps to set a new one.
- Firstly you will have to go to the the trouble signing in page
- Here since you cannot proceed without a password anyway, you should select and click on the “I don’t know my password.” option.
- After this you will need to enter your email address and simply follow the instructions on the screen.
- You will be assisted by Gmail in a number od possible ways –
- Here we have provided you with the link to the gmail support website. Visit this site to get more support.
- You also have the option to choose other sites which exclusively allow users to retrieve their lost user IDs. For example you can begin by checking out Intel, Verify and Vspy website.
There are a few rules that you need to keep in mind to avoid confusion later on. You must know that if you have not used your Gmail account for over 30 days, it has most probably been deleted by Google. You will then need to create a new one. This time , however, make sure that you note your password and security question and store it a safe place, remembering where the safe place is.
having a strong password can help too. Be careful of a few other security issues. If you forget of lose the password to your business account, the results can be quite disastrous. If your professional account is hacked and you are suspicious of sabotage directed toward you from a malicious party, this is all the more reason to have a strong password which is not so easily hacked.
No one want to be in a situation where you are not able to contact your clients and work unnecessarily suffers.
Reset yout password
You can simply reset the Google password by answering a security question you chose when first creating your account. If you don’t remember the answer to your security question, Google gives you three additional ways to reset your password which we have mentioned earlier – through a mobile phone previously linked to the account, via a backup email address or by answering a series of questions related to the account.
- For email – Go to Google Account Recovery page in your Internet browser. Enter the username you use to access your Gmail account and click “Submit.” Click the box next to “Confirm access to my recovery email.” Then go ahead and click “Continue” to have Google send an email to your alternate email address on file. This email address will include instructions on how to reset your Gmail password
- To create a powerful password – keep a few tips in mind. The Google Account passwords must be at least 8 characters long. They can have uppercase and lowercase letters. (Passwords are case-sensitive), numbers and symbols like ! ” # $ % and many others. You can’t use a space at the beginning or end of your password, but spaces inside the password are fine. Previously used passwords need to be avoided.